Restorative Yoga is a form of yoga that focuses on physical and mental relaxation through poses aided by props.
I just prepared a new sequence of restorative yoga poses – Restorative Yoga for Complete Beginners.
Beginner Focused: Ideal for yoga newbies. Enjoy 5 different pose types:
- Back Bend – Fish Pose with Blocks. The heart chakra also opens and you may experience the Ayurvedic term, “tamasic”.
- Twist – Scissored Legs Belly Down Twist and repeat left side. Iyenger describes twists as having a “squeeze-and-soak” effect on the organs.
- Forward Bend – Fan Pose. Because it massages the abdomen, the pose may improve digestion and assimilation, and if needed, can help with period aches and pains, and has been known to help hypertension, gynecological health, and fertility.
- Inversion – Legs Up the Wall Pose with Bolster. It’s said twenty minutes in this pose has the same effects on your parasympathetic nervous system as taking a snooze.
- Pose of Completion – Prone (on Belly) Savasana
Choose Your Music: Practice with your favorite songs.
Stay for up to 5 minutes in each pose aided by props. It’s a gentle yet empowering style that helps you de-stress and re-energize.
Know someone who is new to yoga? Let them know about Restorative Yoga for Complete Beginners!
You can use Apa japa breath, Apa Japa means “breath awareness”, a breathing technique during your restorative pose to settle in if you fancy it. Just let your breath be natural, focus on the length of your inhale and your exhale and where you feel your breath, the expansion and contraction of your ribs.